A Tax-Saving Way to Help Northland Kids
If you are 70½-years-old or older, you can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to Miles of Smiles without having to pay income taxes on the money. Why is this method of giving so popular?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
Create a Legacy in Your Will or Trust
It only takes one sentence to make a difference in the lives of Northland children by naming Miles of Smiles in your will or trust. In just a few words, you can make an impact on Northland kids and extend your support into the future. Use this preferred language when making plans with your estate planning attorney:
"I give to Miles of Smiles, Inc., tax ID # 20-3664224, currently located at 5416 NE Antioch Road, Kansas City, MO 64119, _____* [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose."
Or Make Your Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone can commit to making a gift in their wills. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using IRAs, retirement plans, and life insurance policies as ways to donate. It only takes three simple steps to name Miles of Smiles as a beneficiary:
1) Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, or bank for a change-of-beneficiary form.
2) Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like Miles of Smiles to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
3) Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, or bank.
How can we help you? If you have any questions or would like more information on how you can further our mission in your gift planning, please contact Doug Anderson at (816) 413-9009 or email@example.com.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results.